EMT Basic Course Dates:
Aug. 26 - Dec. 16, 2014
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Academic Complex #0217
5:30 - 9:30 PM
Full tuition ($750) due upon
Admission Requirements for the EMT Basic Program
The EMT-B course is approximately five months and includes a 10-hour observation at an advanced life support ambulance service or an emergency room.
State regulations pertaining to becoming an EMT-B:
- The student is at least sixteen years of age (must be at least 18 at time of certification)
- The student is currently enrolled in grades 9 – 12 with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or holds a high school diploma or GED
- The student understands, reads, speaks, and writes the English language with a comprehension and performance level equal to at least the ninth grade of education, otherwise known as Level 4, verified by testing as necessary
- The student is not currently subject to disciplinary action pursuant to KRS Chapter 311A that would prevent certification
- The student meets all additional requirements established by KEMSA and or Western Kentucky University
- The student holds a valid motor vehicle operator’s license or learners permit from a state or territory in the United States
Choose the track that fits you best.
- Earn credits toward a future degree
- Earn credentials while pursuing a degree.
- Financial aid eligible
Contact Lee Brown
email@example.com with all inquiries
- No college entrance exams
- No waiting for college admission
- Less expensive than our credit option