EMT Course Dates (Fall 2015 Semester):
Aug. 24 - Dec. 11, 2015
Tuesdays & Thursdays
South Campus 129
5:30 - 9:30 PM
Full tuition ($750) due upon
The Emergency Medical Technician is the entry level position into emergency medical services (EMS).
Successful completion of this course (which includes completion of all course, program,
state, and national requirements) and successful completion of the National Registry
of EMT written and skills exams will allow you to apply to the Kentucky Board of Emergency
Medical Services for EMT certification.
Choose the Track That Fits You Best:
- Earn credits toward a future degree
- Earn credentials while pursuing a degree.
- Financial aid eligible
Contact Lee Brown for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No college entrance exams
- No waiting for college admission
- Less expensive than our credit option
From the Instructor
Students will be provided with detailed information on the first night of class regarding CPR certification, proof of required documentation (e.g. driver's license, high school diploma, immunizations, etc.), as well as additional, non-tuition related, costs. See overview of requirements below:
Students for SFTY 271 will need the following:
- PRIOR TO COURSE The following items should be brought to the first class meeting. If the student
is unable to get the requested information prior to the first class, the instructor
will provided guidance.
"Emergency Care and Transport of the Sick and Injured" 10th Ed. by American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS). Jones & Bartlett Publishing. (ISBN 9781284032840) and its associated workbook (ISBN 9781284045093). Both books may be available in a discount combination package. Students may use the e-text if he/she wishes to do so. However, a print version, unused workbook is required for the course. A used textbook is acceptable if the student so desires. The textbook and workbook are both available at the WKU Store.
- Proof (copy) of High School diploma, transcript with graduation date, or GED
- Proof (copy) of driver's license or permit
- Proof (copy) of CPR card. The CPR course must be for healthcare providers. CPR cards will be reviewed on the first night of class and students will be informed of whether the card is acceptable.
- Proof (copy) or all immunizations or titers
- DURING COURSE
- Oxygen mask with one-way valve
- Field Internship. An ambulance field internship is required for the course unless otherwise approved by the lead instructor. Several EMS locations are available for the student to choose from. Each agency has different requirements prior to student internship completion (e.g. immunization proofs, drug screen, TB skin tests, background checks, etc). Cost will vary from student to student and will be addressed individually.
- Background Check. Students will be instructed when to initiate a background check through Verified Credentials prior to completing the field internship.
- END OF COURSE
- National Registry Psychomotor. Skills examination. Conducted as part of the course.
- National Registry Computer Based Test. Written examination. Scheduled by the student through Pearson VUE upon successful completion of the course and the psychomotor examination.
- State application and Certification.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,