Sexual Misconduct/Harassment: Title IX Compliance
The Office of Judicial Affairs ensures compliance with all Title IX requirements. The following can be expected for all cases/investigations that are designated as a Title IX incident:
- The Office of Judicial Affairs will provide a timely and thorough investigation, and will treat the complainant and respondent with respect before, during, and after the student conduct process. Barring exigent circumstances, cases of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment shall be resolved within a 60 day period once the incident has been reported.
- Once a decision has been rendered by either a judicial officer or a University Disciplinary Committee, all of the involved parties will be informed of the decision in writing.
- All involved parities have five business days to appeal the decision rendered by either
the judicial officer or a University Disciplinary Committee.
- If any involved party appeals, all other parties will be informed and will have the opportunity to review the appeal materials. The other involved parties, if they choose to do so, can submit a statement of response within 5 business days of receiving notice of the appeal.
WKU reserves the right to take whatever measures it deems necessary to respond to an allegation of sexual misconduct/violence in order to protect student's rights and personal safety.
Measures include, but are not limited to, modification of living arrangements, interim suspension, and reporting to university police.
Sanctions imposed range from Disciplinary Agreement to Expulsion, depending on the severity of the offense. The Office will consider the concerns and rights of both the complainant and respondent of sexual misconduct.
Contact Information for the Title IX Investigator:Michael P. Crowe, Jr., Title IX Deputy Coordinator/Investigator
Director of Judicial Affairs
431 Potter Hall
(270) 745-5429 | email@example.com
The WKU Title IX website can be accessed through this link: http://www.wku.edu/eoo/titleix/index.php
University Non-Discrimination notice:
Western Kentucky University is committed to providing a working and learning environment
that is free from discrimination and harass
ment. Discrimination and harassment, and/or retaliation against anyone who makes a complaint or participates in the complaint process are prohibited and shall not be tolerated
Laws & Guidance-U.S. Department of Education
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,