- Scholarships & Grants
- Student Organizations
- Student Media
- Ky. High School Media Institute
- Library Resources
- Student Internships/Jobs/Fellowships
- Position Openings
- Lab/Equipment Checkout Hours
- Summer Workshops
- Fleischaker-Greene Scholars in First Amendment Studies
- Gaines Lecture Series
- Student Projects
James LeTourneau, M.A.
Office: 321 MMTH
Phone: (270) 745-8856
Basic Broadcast News
Intro. to Broadcasting
News Discovery and Selection
Writing for Radio & TV
Broadcast News Reporting
Advanced Broadcast News
Oversee student television/radio newscasts
- Assistant Professor, WKU, 2000- present
- Graduate Teaching Assistant; University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Courtside announcer/ Wisconsin Women's Basketball
- Education Director/Instructor; Madison (WI) Media Institute
- News Director, WMTV, Madison
- Radio Anchor; WEMP-WMYX Radio, Milwaukee, WI
- Managing Editor, WBAY-TV, Green Bay, WI
- News Director, WHBF-TV, Rock Island (Quad Cities), IL
- News Director, WREX-TV, Rockford, IL
- News Director, WQOW-TV, Eau Clair, WI
- Sports Director, KGWC, Casper, WY
- Program Director/Music Announcer, WNDU AM&FM, South Bend, IN
Host of Notre Dame pre and post-game football and basketball games.
- Program Director,/ Music Announcer, WFAW-WSJY; Ft. Atkinson, WI
- Program Director/ Music Announcer, WYXE-FM, Madison, WI
- Masters Degree, Journalism, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, History, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Brown Institute, Minneapolis, MN
- 2004 Plagerism detection workshop presenter
- 2003 Program Host for student documentary on Former Football coach Jack Harbaugh.
- Actor and voice talent for two student video/audio projects
- Appearance on WKYU-Radio Public Affairs Broadcast. Topics:
Connie Chung and Confidential comments
News Cost of the Iraq War/ Peter Arnett 'Geraldo Rivera situations
- Judge; Kentucky High School Journalism, Video news entries
- Member of special Athletic department panel to decide status of basketball player Patrick Sparks.
- RTNDA National Conference; Las Vegas. Workshops and Seminars:
Stations and Colleges Working Together.
How the Media Treated Me.
Designing a better Assignment Desk
Making Your Mark with Enterprise Stories.
- Host of joint Broadcast-Business School seminar on media and business with Guest Speak, Len Walter, WBBM Radio, Chicago
- Co-Cordinator; WKU Journalism School Broadcast Day
- School Representative at the Kentucky Broadcasting Association conference and awards ceremony; Louisville, KY
- WKU Broadcast school representative for minority student recruitment day.
- Selected as Journalism & Broadcasting School Senate Alternate
- Serve on the Department equipment and internship committees
- Student advisor (40 students) and faculty aide for students seeking advice on writing resumes.
- Assist in the weekly production of the student TV newscast.
- Association Memberships
- 1993-current Radio and Television News Directors Association (RTNDA)
- 1990-94 Wisconsin Broadcasters Association