- Scholarships & Grants
- Student Organizations
- Student Media
- KBA WKU Radio Talent Institute
- Ky. High School Media Institute
- Student Internships/Jobs/Fellowships
- Position Openings
- Lab/Equipment Checkout Hours
- Summer Workshops
- Fleischaker-Greene Scholars in First Amendment Studies
- John B. Gaines Family Lecture Series
- Student Projects
Students receive awards in journalism, broadcasting competitions
|Author: Tommy Newton|
Date: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
Several WKU student journalists and broadcasters received awards in the Society of Professional Journalists’ Region 5 Mark of Excellence Awards competition and the 2012 Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters awards.
The following SPJ Region 5 (Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois) awards were presented at the spring conference April 13-14 in Indianapolis:
- Photo Illustration-4 Year College/University: Jerry Englehart Jr. of Ormand Beach, Fla., College Heights Herald, first place.
- Feature Writing-4 Year College/University: Emily Patton of Nebo, College Heights Herald, first place.
- General News Reporting-4 Year College/University: Jonathan Lintner of Louisville, College Heights Herald, first place.
- Sports Writing-4 Year College/University: Cole Claybourn of Evansville, Ind., College Heights Herald, second place.
- Radio News Reporting: Joseph Mathis of Danville, WWHR, second place.
- Best All-Around Television Newscast: WKU NewsChannel 12, third place.
- Television Feature Reporting: Tommy Parker of Glen Ellyn, Ill., NewsChannel 12, first place.
- Television In-Depth Reporting: Jacqui Powell of Elizabethtown, NewsChannel 12, second place.
- Television General News Reporting: Tommy Parker of Glen Ellyn, Ill., NewsChannel 12, first place.
- Television Breaking News Reporting: Jeremy Brown of Chandler, Ind., NewsChannel 12, second place.
- Television Sports Photography: Andrew Bennett of Franklin, Tenn., Extra Point, first place.
- Television Sports Photography: Zack Ryle of Burlington, Extra Point, first place; Alix Casper-Peak of Louisville, Extra Point, second place.
The following Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters awards were presented April 14 in Louisville:
- Best College TV Hard News Feature: Jacqui Powell of Elizabethtown, first place and honorable mention; Trent Brock of Fort Campbell, honorable mention.
- Best College TV Soft News Feature: Tommy Parker of Glen Ellyn, Ill., first place and honorable mention; Zack Ryle of Burlington, honorable mention.
- Best College TV Sports Feature: Jeremy Brown of Chandler, Ind., first place; Alix Casper-Peak of Louisville, honorable mention.
Contact: School of Journalism & Broadcasting, (270) 745-4144.
SJ&B students win all four competitions; Meek, Wolffbrandt qualify for national finals
Six SJ&B students, Three Alums To Attend INMA Conference in New York City To Manage Editorial Coverage
Badjie, Blommel Receive Best in Show Distinctions
No Featured Articles for this category
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,