Using FileZilla for Uploading to Personal / Professional Websites
Please follow the instructions below to upload files to the server using the FileZilla FTP Client. By default you don't have to configure FileZilla, so you can start directly working with the program.
To install Filezilla, please go to the
Filezilla website and select the proper download from below for your
computer. The link to the Filezilla download page is here:
FileZilla Download Page
Setting Up Your Site
- Go to the "File" menu at the top and click "Site Manager". You can also
press CTRL+S to start the Site Manager. You will be shown a window
similar to the one below.
- Click "New Site" (highlighted in red above) and type a name for your site and hit "Enter". This name is just how your website will be identified on your local computer. Make this something easy to remember and recognizable.
- Under the "General" tab, enter the following information:
Servertype: SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
User: Your WKU NetID
Password: Your WKU NetID password
The screenshot below shows a completed General tab.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab, and use the following settings:
Servertype: Default (Autodetect)
Default local directory: Click the browse button and locate the folder on your computer where you will store the files that belong to this website
Default remote directory: /export/home/abc12345 (where abc12345 is your NetID)
The screenshot below shows a completed Advanced tab.
- You may now click on "Connect" button to connect to the remote server.
Uploading Your Site
After a successful connection attempt, a list of files and folders from the server appears on the right side of the main window. The current folder is listed in the "Remote site" field. Below the "Remote site" field, you will see the remote directory tree, and below that are the contents of the current remote folder.
In the left pane, you will see a list of the files on your computer. The "Local site" field shows your current folder. Below the "Local site" field, you will see your local computer directory tree, and below that are the contents of the current local folder.
- To upload files, highlight the file or folder in the local window pane that you want to send to the server.
- Once highlighted, right-click the file and click "Upload". It should instantly send
the file or folder to the server.
- Your site should now be accessible on the internet at
http://people.wku.edu/first.last123 (where first.last123 is your email
Note: The top pane is the ftp log, and can be very helpful in determining problems with connections and transfers. If you are experiencing problems, this is the first place you should look.
If you have any questions or need more help please contact the IT Helpdesk at (270) 745-7000.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,