- What is RSS?
- RSS stands Really Simple Syndication. RSS provides a means of automatically receiving constantly updating news or any other type of data, such as blogs or podcasts. Sites such as CNN.com or BBC.com have RSS feeds that are available to all users. To actually use an RSS feed, something called an RSS aggregator is needed. They resemble email clients but instead of mail, you are getting news from sources that you have subscribed to. The WKU Portal has a built-in RSS aggregator, which will allow you to view RSS feeds.
- What are approval alerts?
- The vast majority of portal users can ignore or remove this channel. The approval alerts channel is only available to some directors, department heads, etc. You must have Banner Finance for this function.
- What is a NetID?
- A NetID is what is used to login to myWKU and other applications The term NetID can be used synonymously with "username" because you enter your NetID in as well as your password to be able to login. All users of the portal will have a NetID. To lookup the NetID, visit our NetID Lookup page. Because of the Single Sign On feature, your NetID will contain all of your passwords as well as any username you use to access the different applications such as Blackboard, TopNet, and Banner.
- Why do some links open in a new window and some open in the same window?
- Due to compatibility issues with different browsers, some pages will open in a separate window whereas other links will open within the window or another tab.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,