Adobe Connect Pro FAQs for Instructors/Hosts
- Who can open a meeting room?
- Only a licensed host can open a meeting room.
- Can a Presenter record a meeting?
- Only a Host can start or end a recording.
- If I make a student a Presenter of an ACP Meeting Room, are there actions they will not be able to do?
- 1) They cannot record meeting. 2) They cannot open or end meeting room.
- Can you share a presentation with embedded audio?
- Yes, if you use the Share My Screen - Share Document, the audio is heard in the meeting room. If you share through 'My Screen', the audio is not shared.
- Can you share a video in the share pod and be seen on mobile devices?
- In the current version of ACP, if you share a video in the share pod, such as an .mp4, it will work for individuals on computers, but individuals on mobile devices will not be able to see or hear the video. They get a message such as 'Unsupported content'.
- I am using my webcam and see an image in the preview image window, but when I click 'Start Sharing', the video pod displays black?
- If the preview image works, but the image does not work once you start sharing, you need to update the browser which the meeting room is running.
- Can I allow my participants to page through the documents (PDFs or PPTS) that I have loaded in my Share pod?
- Yes, participants can move through your documents separately from you, if you turn off the Sync function. You can do this by clicking 'Sync' in the bottom RH corner of your Share pod (Sync tab will not be shown in gray). Click 'Sync' again so that participants will see the same page as the Presenter. The Share pod is defaulted to 'Sync' mode.
- I would like to save the chat history from my meeting room. What can I do?
- In the Chat pod, click on pod options and 'Email Chat History'.
- Are private chats part of the meeting room recording?
- Private chats are not part of the meeting room recording, even if they are between the host and another individual.
- If I use Breakout rooms, is that activity made part of my recording?
- No, activity in Breakout rooms are not part of your meeting recording.
- When using Breakout rooms, how does a Host move between rooms?
- Using the Attendee pod, first click the 'Breakout Room View', and then you can drag/drop your name into the room you wish to visit.
- If there is a pod used in a Breakout room, can I bring it into the Main room?
- Yes, from the Pods tab at the top of the main meeting room, move down to 'Breakout Pods'. Select which Breakout room contains the pod to move and click on the pod to show in the main meeting room.
- Can I edit the recording for a meeting?
- You can remove a segment of the recording. Click here for answer. You can change the information in some pods that was recorded during the meeting.
- How do I save a recording to my computer?
- Click here for answer.
- What editing functions are available to edit recordings?
- In addition to removing segments of time from the recording, there is some information you can hide: Names of attendees, Chat pods, Attendee pod, Q&A pod. You can also add bookmarks & chapters.
- How long are meeting recordings saved?
- The IVS policy on recordings states that minimally your recording will be kept for current semester and the next semester.
- Where can I find information about bandwidth for the ACP meeting room?
- Bandwidth Requirements: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts. More information regarding how ACP handles bandwidth can be found here: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2009/03/connection_status/index.php
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,