- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
More information will be posted
How to Pay the SEVIS (I-901) Fee
Before going to your visa interview, you MUST pay the SEVIS (I-901) fee online. U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement Dept. requires nonimmigrants seeking an F-1 or J-1 student visa to complete the SEVIS I-901 form and pay the $200 SEVIS fee for F-1 students and $180 for J-1 students. This must be done PRIOR to your request for a visa interview from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Here is how to do this:
- Go to www.fmjfee.com.
- Click "Submit Form I-901 and Fee Payment ".
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click "I-20" or "DS-2019" button and "OK."
- Fill out next page on personal information, click "Enter."
- The form requires the "School Code" which is on your I-20. The code for F-1 visa is NOL 214F10733000, and for J-1 visa is P103954.
- The form requires the SEVIS Identification Number on the I-20 or DS-2019. This number is in the upper right hand corner of the I-20 or the DS-2019 and begins with an N and has 10 digits.
- Check that the information is correct on the next page.
- The Credit Card Form has a place for Cardholder address. You MUST fill this in. It is a required field.
- Print at least 2 copies of the last page in this process to have it as your receipt.
For information the on visa application procedures at the U.S. visit the Embassy/Consulate nearest you.
HOW TO FIND YOUR SEVIS ID NUMBER ON YOUR I-20 or DS-2019
The SEVIS ID number is indicated on your Form I-20 or DS-2019 in the upper right corner above the bar code. The number will begin with "N________"