- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Before Your Visa Interview
SEVIS (I-901) FEE INSTRUCTIONS (F-1 or J-1)
Before going to your visa interview, you MUST pay the SEVIS (I-901) fee online. U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement Dept. requires nonimmigrant’s seeking an F-1 or J-1 student visa complete the SEVIS I-901 form and pay the $200 SEVIS fee for F-1 students and $180 for J-1 students. This must be done PRIOR to your request for a visa interview from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Here is how to do this:
1. Go to www.fmjfee.com
2. Click “Proceed to I-901 Form and Payment”.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click “I-20” or "DS-2019" button and “OK.”
4. Fill out next page on personal information, click “Enter.”
5. The form requires the “School Code” which is on your I-20. The code for F-1 visa is NOL 214F10733000, and for J-1 visa is P103954.
6. The form requires the SEVIS Identification Number on the I-20 or DS-2019. This number is in the upper right hand corner of the I-20 or the DS-2019 and begins with an N and has 10 digits.
7. Check that the information is correct on the next page.
8. The Credit Card Form has a place for Cardholder address. You MUST fill this in. It is a required field.
9. Print at least 2 copies of the last page in this process to have it as your receipt.
For information the on visa application procedures at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate nearest you, go to:
HOW TO GET YOUR SEVIS ID NUMBER ON YOUR I-20 or DS-2019
To find out what your SEVIS ID Number, please follow these steps:
1. Go to the following link: https://iStart.wku.edu/
2. Click the “Limited Services” link on the right.
3. Click the “E-Mail me my Limited Access PIN” on the bottom of the screen.
4. You will need to enter your WKU 800 number.
5. ISSS@wku.edu will e-mail your Limited Access PIN via your e-mail that you provided on your WKU Application for admission
6. Once you have your Limited Access PIN you may log in to the “Limited Services” link with your WKU ID, birthday and your
Limited Access PIN
7. You will then be able to see your SEVIS Identification Number (which starts with the letter N) and your status
For more F-1 or J-1 Student Visa Information, "Click Here"