- About Us
- Contact Us
- Hours of Operation
- Calendar of Events
- Meet the Staff
- Student Job Opportunities
- Donate to Us
- Alumni Newsletter
Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: Fitness Center
This event will challenge participants on their cardiovascular and muscular endurance. Each participant will be competing to see how long they can hold a plank, and then how many mountain climbers they can complete within one minute. Score will be determined by the number of seconds plank is held, and by how many mountain climbers are completed. (EX: 40 sec plank + 40 mountain climbers = 80 points)
Sign-ups for the Summit Challenge starts on October 7th. Walk-ins are welcome, but subject to availability. To make an appointment, or for more information, stop by the Health and Fitness Lab (room 20A in the Preston Center).
All participants must sign a consent form/waiver!
Prizes: The male and female winners will each receive a gift card. There will also be a raffle for all participants.
- Plank will be performed on toes and elbow while keeping the body in a straight line.
- Between plank and mountain climbers there will be a one minute break to rest the abdominal muscles.
- Mountain climbers will be performed in plank position. Starting with one foot near hands, then jump and switch legs. A modification is allowed if the participant would like to do walking mountain climbers.
- Mountain climbers must be consecutive. This portion of the challenge will end either when the participant chooses to stop, pauses to take a break, or if they reach the end of the minute time limit.
- Participants can compete multiple times during the competition, but can only complete the challenge one time per day.