Institute for Citizenship & Social Responsibility
1906 College Heights Blvd #71084
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Tate Page Hall 110
Give to ICSR
Faculty Reading Group
Each semester, the ICSR invites faculty from across the disciplines to participate in a faculty reading group discussion. The group meets approximately three times per semester with refreshments provided. This year the books selected are Michelle Alexander, The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness and Thomas Piketty, Capital in the 21st Century.
- David Graeber's Debt: The First 5,000 Years as the text
- Tavis Smiley and Cornel West, The Rich and the Rest of Us
- Isabel Wilkerson's The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Greatest Migration
- Christopher Newfield's Unmaking the Public University: The Forty-Year Assault on the Middle Class
- Mark C. Taylor's Crisis on Campus: A Bold Plan for Reforming Our Colleges and Universities
- Martha Nussbaum's Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities
- Eddie S. Glaude's In a Shade of Blue: Pragmatism and the Politics of Black America
- Nicholas Wapshott's Keynes/Hayek: The Clash that Defined Modern Economics
Should you have a book suggestion for the reading group, contact Dr. Eric Bain-Selbo.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,