Farwell wishes to WKUHS director
|Author: Terri Cunningham|
Date: Thursday, January 13th, 2011
|Return to Archive|
Libby Greaney, Ph. D has been employed at Western Kentucky University for 16 years. While at WKU, she served as the Director of WKU Health Services for 11 years and the Director of Intramural-Recreactional Sports for 5 years. Libby will be leaving our staff to become the executive director of Boise State University Health and Recreation Services department.
- Reorganized entire department after outsourced management firm went bankrupt
- Established in-house billing and network contracting; increased revenues by 50%
- Successfully implemented Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
- Successfully implemented digital imaging radiology, drug-testing and colposcopy services
- Led the design and construction efforts for a new state-of-the-art medical facility opened in January 2008
- Initiated Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- Provider growth from 1 full-time medical doctor to 3 full-time medical doctors and 2 full-time nurse practitioners
Libby obtained her Bachelor of Science in Health Education from the University of Vermont and a Master of Science in Exercise Science from the University of New Hampshire. Prior to coming to WKU, she was employed as a high school health teacher and by Blue Cross Blue Shield of N.H. in their employee wellness/ health risk management department for four years. In February 1994, her employment with WKU started in the Health & Fitness Lab in the Preston Center. In January, 2000, she became Director of WKU Health Services. While at WKU, she has obtained an MHA and an MBA. In 2010, she completed her Ph. D from the University of Louisville in Educational Leadership & Organizational Development.
The WKU Health Services staff would like to thank you for your leadership efforts, support of professional development and always challenging us to think ahead! We appreciate you paving the way and taking this organization to greater heights! Best wishes with all your future endeavors!!
May 20th - May 26th
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
New Yellow Line
New Purple Line Transit Service
Big discounts offered to Students, Faculty, and Staff. Visit www.InShuttle.com/wku to make your reservations! Click the headline above for more information.