New Smart Parking Meters (click here for more)
|Date: Tuesday, September 25th, 2012||Return|
WKU Parking and Transportation Services has initiated a trial of 15 “smart” parking meters which have been installed throughout campus.
Meters provide short-term parking near buildings for loading, unloading, deliveries, and short meetings. The maximum time honored is posted at the meter.
A useful benefit of the solar-powered meters is they accept credit cards as well as coins. These meters also help PTS enforce short-term parking on campus.
Here are some common “dos” and “don’ts” when using the meters:
- DO use the smart meters for short-term parking only. Maximum time allowed is posted.
- DO use credit cards if needed. A minimum time of 45 minutes ($.75) is charged.
- DO use coins when needed.
- DO give us your feedback at email@example.com.
- DON’Tabuse short-term parking. You can only buy time once at a meter.
- The meters will not give additional time over the maximum even if you insert more coins or charge to a credit card.
- DON’T wait to pay. Time starts immediately when you pull into the space.
- DON’T get a ticket by staying past expired time. The “smart” meters alert PTS enforcement officers when abuses occur.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services at 270-745-2361 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any problems.
May 20th - May 26th
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
New Yellow Line
New Purple Line Transit Service
Big discounts offered to Students, Faculty, and Staff. Visit www.InShuttle.com/wku to make your reservations! Click the headline above for more information.