The halls will close at 4:00 PM on Saturday, December 13, 2014.
Barnes Campbell, Bemis Lawrence, and Northeast Halls will remain open during the break.
All halls except Barnes-Campbell Hall, Bemis Lawrence Hall, and Northeast Hall:
In an effort to conserve energy and provide security, please do the following before you leave for break:
- Sign-up in advance for a check-out time with your RA (if your RA is not available, check with another RA in your building).
- Defrost and unplug refrigerator. Prop door open to prevent mold and mildew build-up. Make sure the refrigerator is clean and dry.
- Unplug all electrical equipment including computers, aquariums, stereos, televisions, etc.
- Move the refrigerator, furniture, and all other belongings from in front of the heating unit so the filter can be changed.
- Wash all dirty dishes
- Throw away all trash and clean out the trash can. Take all trash to compactor or outside dumpster. Activate compactor with your room key.
- Set room temperature to 65 degrees and the fan speed in auto -OR- at halfway between blue and red with the fan speed on low (depending on what building you live in). You may want to take plants home because the heat will be reduced.
- Remove belongings from the closet floor. This prepares the room to be sprayed for pests. You do not have to remove belongings from wardrobes.
- Close and lock windows. Turn lights off and lock your room.
- If you are changing rooms or if you are permanently checking out, see your RA or Hall Director for additional paperwork and instructions.
- Check your mailbox.
Have a safe and happy holiday break!
Southwest Hall will open on January 4 at 6:00 pm for the Winter Term. All residence halls will open on January 21, 2015 at 8:00 am for the Spring Semester.
*You do NOT need to remove all of your belongings from your room during Winter Break. Only remove all of your belongings if you plan on checking out and not returning in the Spring Semester.
These halls will reopen on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 8:00 am.
Southwest Hall will reopen Sunday, January 4, 2015 at 6:00 pm.
Barnes Campbell Hall, Bemis Lawrence Hall, and Northeast Hall:
Please plan for the following during the break:
1. Spraying for Pest Control
During the break, the occupied halls will be sprayed for pests on the following days between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm:
- Friday, December 19, 2014 - Barnes Campbell Hall
- Saturday, December 20, 2014 - Bemis Lawrence Hall
- Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - Northeast Hall
Please prepare your room for this before by doing the following:
- Remove belongings from floor
- Throw away all trash
- Wash Dishes
2. Filter Changing
The maintenance crew will be changing filters in every bedroom heating unit January 5-8, 2015, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm. Please prepare your room by removing all personal belongings and furniture from in front of the HVAC unit.
3. In General
When you leave for the holidays, please do the following:
- Unplug all your appliances, except the refrigerator
- Close and lock windows
- Empty trash
- Turn lights off
- Lock room
If you are changing rooms or if you are permanently checking out, see your RA or Hall Director for additional paperwork and instructions. Continue to carry your room key and ID with you at all times.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,