As you work with your students to complete the Honors College Application for Admission, keep in mind the following terms, eligibility, and deadlines.
Terms of Admission
- Selection for Honors College admission is separate from general WKU admission and WKU scholarships.
- Honors College selections are competitive as space is limited to 300 students per incoming freshman class.
- Students receiving the Presidential and Award of Excellence scholarships also receive Honors College admission based on their scholarship award. Presidential and Award of Excellence recipients must complete the Honors College Application for Admission.
- First-time freshmen who meet any one of the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- 27 ACT composite, or combined verbal and math SAT of 1210; or
- 3.8 unweighted high school GPA; or
- Top 15% of graduating high school class.
- Priority Deadline – January 15: Priority admission deadline for applications to the Honors College for fall admission. Complete applications received by January 15 will be considered for one of the 300 spaces in the incoming freshman class.
- Rolling Admissions: The Honors College accepts applications for the freshman class year-round. However, applications submitted after the January 15 Priority Deadline will be considered as space permits in the freshman class cohort of 300 students.