Kentucky Medical Group Management Association Fall Conference 2012
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Kentucky Medical Group Management Association Fall Conference
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Date: September 20th and 21st
Preparing for ICD-10. Bradley Carter, SVMIC.
- Deadline for implementation has been delayed to Oct 2014.
- Materials for assisting in conversion from ICD-9 to ICD-10 including forward and backward mapping. http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/2013-ICD-10-CM-and-GEMs.html
- Recommends 3-6 months of revenue as “cushion” to deal with anticipated payment delays during conversion.
Deal Breakers in Payer Contracts. Penny Noyes, Health Business Navigators
- Discussion of most common payer contract items that can be detrimental to our practice
- Proposed alternative language that protects practice’s interests
- Monitoring that payments reflect negotiated terms of agreement
Washington Legislative Update. Jeb Shepard, MGMA Government Affairs
- Current political landscape – Affordable Care Act, Sustainable Growth Rate
- Federal Quality Reporting Systems update.
- General compliance and administrative simplification updates.
KMGMA Business Meeting
- New officers installed
- 2 officers are from local practices
- Traci Duff (CHC) is President Elect
- Steve Sinclair (Graves-Gilbert) Treasurer
Kentucky Implementation of the Health Insurance Exchange & Consumer Protections.
- The exchange is a work in progress. Only skeleton of program has been defined. The exchange is scheduled to be operational in 2014.
- More information here: http://healthcarereform.ky.gov/
- KY Navigators will assist business and individuals in accessing insurance through the exchange.
KY’s New Prescription Drug Law and Upcoming State Legislative Issues. Cory Meadows, KMA
- CME requirement for prescribers: 1.5 hrs in 2013 and 1.5 hrs in 2014. Topics include KASPER use, substance abuse screening and testing, etc…
- Sanctions – may include civil liabilities for prescribers.
- KBML fact sheets on website offer guidance, but read HB1 & KBML regs.
Kathy Trulock achieves certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security.
No Featured Articles for this category