- Can I make payments to my WKU Health Services account online?
- Yes, go to Insurance & Billing > Online Bill Pay on the left side menu or click here.
- Do I need to make an appointment?
- No, we accept walk-ins, but your wait time will be shorter with an appointment.
- What happens if I am late for an appointment?
- Patients who arrive more than 10 minutes late for an appointment may be asked to reschedule their visit.
- What happens if I miss my appointment?
- You may be charged a $15.00 no show fee.
- How do I refill my prescription?
- Call 270-745-5641 and a staff member will assist you with refilling your prescription.
- What services are offered at WKU Health Services?
- Primary and acute care services are available. We also offer lab, x-ray, physicals, drug screenings, immunizations, mental health services, colposcopys, health education services and more!
- What if I do not have insurance?
- While Health Services accepts most insurance plans, we see any patient with or without insurance. If someone doesn't have insurance we work with them and set them up on a payment plan that meets their needs. Often discounts are offered to patients with no insurance that are able to pay on date of service. Please stop in to speak with someone for more information.
- Will I receive an absentee slip if I receive treatment at WKU Health Services?
- Absentee slips are provided for students who are seen by one of our providers. They are issued for the date of the appointment only. Policies on excused absences and make-up work are determined by individual professors.
- What should I bring when I visit WKU Health Services?
- Big Red ID, Driver's License, Insurance Card, Method of Payment.
- What methods of payment are accepted at WKU Health Services?
- In addition to cash and check, we accept Master Card, Visa, Discover and Big Red Dollars.
- What will I be "paying" for at time of service?
- Co-pay and/or medication(s); or at least 20% of charges if not filing insurance.
- What if I cannot pay 20% at the time of service?
- A payment plan will be established for you at check-out.
- Where do I go if WKU Health Services is closed?
Medical Center Urgent Care -- 270.781.3910
Greenwood Urgent Clinic -- 270.843.5662
Medical Center Hospital -- 270.745.1000
Greenview Regional Hospital -- 270.793.1000
If you have a serious medical emergency, dial 911. Be prepared to give your name, your exact location, and the nature of your injury or illness.
- What privacy can I expect at WKU Health Services?
- No information will be disclosed without your written permission unless required by state or federal law.
- WKU Health Services has put a hold on my account and I need to register for classes?
If you have a registration hold from WKU Health Services, it is due to one of the following reasons:
1) You have an unpaid balance from WKU Health Services. This hold may be released by paying the balance in full or by agreeing to a payment plan, if eligible.
2) You did not bring your insurance card at the time of service.
3) You did not pay your co-pay or 20% of balance if not filing insurance at the time of your visit.