- Walk-in Services
Height & Weight
- Fitness Assessment Services
Basic Fitness Assessment
- Exercise Prescription Services
Weight Training Orientation
Kick Start Program
Total Fitness Package
Fitness Center Orientation
- Personal Training
- Instructional Programs
- Group X
Group Fitness Schedule
Trainings & Certifications
- Massage Services
Deep Tissue Massage
Hot Stone Massage
Hours of Operation:
Spring Term Hours:
January 24 - 23, 2015
Monday - Friday
1906 College Heights Blvd #11097
Western Kentucky University
Bowling Green, KY 42101
o: (270) 745-6531
Time: 6:00am - 10:30pm
Location: Fitness Center
This is a new challenge that requires you to perform as many burpees as possible within a 1-minute time limit. Burpees are fantastic full-body workouts that engage the upper body, lower body, and core. Not only do the focus on muscular fitness, but they train the muscles engaged for both endurance and power. The high intensity of this challenge is also a great way to exercise the heart and lungs. Come give it a try!
- Ask a FC Attendant to time you and keep count of your burpees.
- Perform as many burpees as possible (while maintaining proper technique) within the one minute time frame.
- Make sure a Fitness Center Attendant supervises your attempt and records the number of burpees you perform on the MOM board, adds up the total number of burpees (including in your previous trials), and places your name in the raffle.
- Challenge can only be completed once per day.
- The male and female who accumulate the most burpees will win $15 gift cards.
- Two raffles will be drawn for $10 gift cards.
Proper Burpee Technique:
- Begin in a standing, upright position.
- Lower yourself into a standard squat position with hands on the floor in front of you
- Kick your feet back to a pushup position
- Proceed into a pushup (modifications allowed)
- Immediately return feet to the squat position
- Jump up as high as possible from the squat position
- Repeat the above steps as fast as possible. Maintaining a fast pace is crucial for this exercise.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,