- Walk-in Services
Height & Weight
- Fitness Assessment Services
Basic Fitness Assessment
- Exercise Prescription Services
Weight Training Orientation
Kick Start Program
Total Fitness Package
Fitness Center Orientation
- Personal Training
- Instructional Programs
- Group X
Group Fitness Schedule
Trainings & Certifications
- Massage Services
Deep Tissue Massage
Hot Stone Massage
Hours of Operation:
January 5 - 23, 2015
Monday - Friday
1906 College Heights Blvd #11097
Western Kentucky University
Bowling Green, KY 42101
o: (270) 745-6531
Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: Fitness Center
This event will challenge participants on their cardiovascular and muscular endurance. Each participant will be competing to see how long they can hold a plank, and then how many mountain climbers they can complete within one minute. Score will be determined by the number of seconds plank is held, and by how many mountain climbers are completed. (EX: 40 sec plank + 40 mountain climbers = 80 points)
Sign-ups for the Summit Challenge starts on October 7th. Walk-ins are welcome, but subject to availability. To make an appointment, or for more information, stop by the Health and Fitness Lab (room 20A in the Preston Center).
All participants must sign a consent form/waiver!
Prizes: The male and female winners will each receive a gift card. There will also be a raffle for all participants.
- Plank will be performed on toes and elbow while keeping the body in a straight line.
- Between plank and mountain climbers there will be a one minute break to rest the abdominal muscles.
- Mountain climbers will be performed in plank position. Starting with one foot near hands, then jump and switch legs. A modification is allowed if the participant would like to do walking mountain climbers.
- Mountain climbers must be consecutive. This portion of the challenge will end either when the participant chooses to stop, pauses to take a break, or if they reach the end of the minute time limit.
- Participants can compete multiple times during the competition, but can only complete the challenge one time per day.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,