- Walk-in Services
Height & Weight
- Fitness Assessment Services
Basic Fitness Assessment
- Exercise Prescription Services
Weight Training Orientation
Kick Start Program
Total Fitness Package
Fitness Center Orientation
- Personal Training
- Instructional Programs
- Group X
Group Fitness Schedule
Trainings & Certifications
- Massage Services
Deep Tissue Massage
Hot Stone Massage
Hours of Operation:
Spring Term Hours:
January 24 - May 8, 2015
Monday - Thursday
1906 College Heights Blvd #11097
Western Kentucky University
Bowling Green, KY 42101
o: (270) 745-6531
Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
The Big Red Bench Off is an upper body muscular strength competition that will be held in the Fitness Center. Competitors will be allowed four attempts (maximum 20 minutes) to complete 1 rep max (RM). The winner will then be determined by the highest percentage based upon their 1RM relative to their bodyweight. (1RM=300lbs, Body weight=180lbs, 300/180=166.7%).
- Monday, October 21: 5:00-7:00pm
- Tuesday, October 22: 12:00-1:00pm
- Wednesday, October 23: 12:00-1:00pm
- Thursday, October 24: 5:30-6:30pm
Sign up for the Big Red Bench Off starts on October 14th. Walk-ins are welcome, but subject to availability. To make an appointment, or for more information, stop by the Health and Fitness Lab (room 20A in the Preston Center).
All participants must sign a consent form/waiver!
Each participant will have 20 minutes to complete their 1 rep max.
- Participants must use a closed grip (thumb around bar)
- The lifter must lie on his/her back with head, shoulders, and butt in full contact on the bench. This position must be maintained throughout the attempt.
- Feet must remain flat on the floor at all times.
- Participants must show control of the weight at all times while lowering the bar to touch the chest and back to full elbow extension (no bouncing!!)
- A Health and Fitness Lab staff member will judge each lift. If any of the above criteria are not met, the lift will be invalid.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,