Procedural Guidelines for Selection of Concerts
The President is authorized to delegate to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs., under the general supervision of the Vice President for Student Affairs, full authority to make final institutional decisions as to whether or not to book or contract a particular entertainment performance recommended by the Campus Activities Board upon making one or more of the following determinations:
1. That campus facilities suitable and adequate for the purpose are not available on the desired date;
2. That previously made commitments for personnel in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs., the WKU Police Department, and the Department of the Physical Plant and Facilities Management on the desired date, or during the period immediately preceding or immediately following that date, are such that staffing required for the proper supervision, traffic control and safety, incident to the recommended event, would impose an undue burden on available personnel;
3. That the estimated cost-benefit prospects of a particular recommended event create a business risk that funds allocated to the Board by the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. for the purpose of providing a year-long schedule of such programs would be depleted in an amount that would impair the ability of the University to offer the student body a full program schedule;
4. That the performer(s) recommended have a previous history of nonperformance or cancellation of similar contracts (not showing) after ticket sales have commenced;
5. That the contract terms demand that the University provide at its expense, extraordinary equipment, accommodations, or personal services for the performers;
6. The performance, under the terms and conditions proposed and other surrounding circumstances, would tend to create a clear and unreasonable risk of danger or hazardous conditions to the audience, either from enticement of the audience or a part of it to uncontrollable action or conduct, or from the staging arrangements of sound or lighting or other special effects equipment.
In the event the Office of the VPSA declines to book a concert and if it does so for the reasons set forth in either paragraphs 1, 2, 3, or 5, as above stated, then the Office of the VPSA in refusing to book the concert shall simply state that the concert is declined for the reasons set forth in either paragraph 1, 2, 3, or 5, as applicable. In the event the Office of the VPSA declines to book a concert for any of the reasons set forth in paragraphs 4 or 6, then the reason stated by the Office of the VPSA declining the concert shall be that the concert is not appropriate or in the best interest of the University community. In the event of appeal for a denial based on paragraphs 4 or 6, the Office of the VPSA should disclose to the reviewing committee the facts on which the denial is based.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,