Students in programs requiring a thesis, specialist project, or dissertation are encouraged to begin research and writing as early as possible. The following links include guidelines and information when preparing your document.
Students will submit three items to the Graduate School for publication: 1) an electronic copy of the document; 2) the completed Copyright Permission form; and 3) the original signature page. The step-by-step process is:
- Successfully defend the thesis or dissertation for the committee. The committee and student will review the document for all content, academic integrity, and formatting. (See the Formatting Guidelines above.)
- Complete the Copyright Permission form and email it along with an electronic copy of the thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Student will obtain signatures of the committee members on the signature page and
submit this original page to the Graduate School (Wetherby Administration Building, Rm 207)
which will be reviewed/approved by the Graduate School Dean and electronically inserted
into the document for completion.
Note: The Comprehensive Exam form does not substitute for the signature page; the graduate adviser must separately submit the Comprehensive Exam form to the Graduate School, and the committee chair or primary advisor are responsible for submitting grades for 599, 699, and 799 courses.
- The Graduate School will complete a final review of the formatting and forward the
completed document and forms to the WKU library for publication on TopScholar.
Note: Original signature pages are available for pick-up by the student in WAB 207 for one (1) year following deposition.
- The library will notify the student of publication via email.
Summer 2016 - Friday, July 22, 2016
Fall 2016 - Friday, November 18, 2016
Spring 2017 - Friday, April 21, 2017
Summer 2017 - Friday, July 21, 2017
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,