- Chancellor's Welcome
- WKU Glasgow Home
- Campus Notifications
- Event Request
- Financial Assistance
- START Center
WKU Glasgow Resource Committee
Funding Application Guidelines
The WKU Glasgow Resource Committee offers financial support for faculty and students for activities that enhance scholarly productivity and/or professional development. A limited amount of funds are distributed annually based on academic potential and funding availability.
II) Who May Apply
All full-time and part-time faculty currently teaching and students that are enrolled at WKU Glasgow.
III) Funded Activities
- Travel and accommodations for professional meetings or workshops, study abroad/study
- Faculty members should complete the blanket employee travel authorization form every fiscal year before applying for funding. See home department's office associate.
- All appropriate travel papers must be filed with the proper department/college before the application deadline and submitted with the application to the committee.
- Applicant must provide a thorough budget including rates/per diem for the destination city.
- Professional development including: research projects, preparation of manuscripts/creative
works for publication or presentation, books, equipment, or materials (outside of
regular classroom activities).
- Essential materials deemed essential for classroom activities should be requested from an alternate source.
- Travel forms must be utilized for any travel and included with the funding application.
- WKU's pre-approved vendors must be utilized for any requested materials they provide.
- Student engagement opportunities including: guest speakers, class projects or field
- Funding for guest speakers must be approved 30 days prior to the scheduled appearance due to tax form filing. Please plan in advance.
- If the engagement involves travel or meals, etc. all proper travel papers and rates/per diem must be submitted along with the application.
Faculty/students are not limited in the number of requests they may submit. However, funding is limited to $400 per faculty (faculty may exceed this cap; however the amount over $400 will be given a low priority status) and $200 per student per fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize these monies to supplement funding from other sources (e.g., college, department, etc.).
V) The Process
The WKU Glasgow Resource Committee will meet quarterly to review applications. Funding is limited, so you are encouraged to apply early. If funding is exhausted later requests for applications will be canceled. Applicants will be informed within two weeks of the application deadline dates.
Please submit applications by the following dates scheduled for the 2012-2013 academic year:
Fall Semester Deadlines: October 26th, 2012
Spring Semester Deadlines: February 8th, 2013 & April 26th, 2013
VI) Final Report
A report detailing use of funds must be submitted to the WKU-Glasgow Resource Committee within 30 days of completion of funded activity for review. Failure to comply may result in denial of future funding opportunities.
VII) How to Apply
To apply for funds, complete the WKU Glasgow Academic Funding Application. The application requires an explanation of proposed activity plus a statement of expenses and other sources funding, (as describe above). Faculty members should request funding from colleges and departments first to include in the application. An endorsement from the college or department is strongly recommended but not required to receive funding.