Connect with WKU Glasgow
Career Information Links
- The Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) Homepage - http://www.wku.edu/career/
Visualize Your Future - Begin thinking about your future now!
- Schedule an appointment with your Center for Career and Professional Development Counselor, Tess McKinley - E-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 270.745.3095.
- Internship Opportunities – Your Center for Career and Professional Development Counselor, Tess McKinley, can help students search search for experiential education opportunities, identify desired goals, and collect feedback from students' experience, as well as employer feedback.
- Graduate School - http://www.wku.edu/career/gradschool/
You might be wondering what to do with your life after you finish your undergraduate degree. It is common for students to think that the next step might be graduate school, but before making a decision, it’s best to consider all the factors about graduate school and whether it’s the right thing for you! Center for Career and Professional Development Staff can be helpful in talking about this decision and helping you think of different options.
- What is TopJobs - http://www.wku.edu/career/topjobs.php
WKU’s premiere on-line job search and employment management system for students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Employers search for you, schedule interviews with employers, build a career portfolio, and search online for job listings. TopJobs Login - https://wku-csm.symplicity.com/students/
- Find a Major - http://www.wku.edu/career/wcidwtmajor.php
What Can I Do With This Major? Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers. Learn about the typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate. Research on majors and careers through the websites provided.
- Impress Online Mock Interview Program - https://wku-csm.symplicity.com/students/
This is an on-line tool that allows students to practice their interviewing skills. Feedback can be provided your Center for Career and Professional Development counselor, Tess McKinley.
- Resumes and Cover Letters - http://www.wku.edu/career/services/resumes.php
The Center for Career and Professional Development will help you develop a well constructed resume providing a video with step-by-step instructions. Be ready to observe and learn!
- Kentucky Work Study Program (KWSP) - http://www.wku.edu/career/employers/kwsp.php
KWSP provides eligible Kentucky residents employment who are seeking a career-related work experience. Employers receive a $2/hour wage reimbursement.
- MyPlan Career Assessment - https://wku-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php?s=home&_ann=1&mode=form&id=3ade4adf5729872b9c821ac7ef0f8163&ss=jobs
Whether you are deciding on what college to attend, choosing a major, planning ahead for your first career, or thinking about making a career change, MyPlan can help!
- Glasgow Chamber of Commerce - http://www.glasgowbarrenchamber.com/
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,