This course will move to Summer 2015.
Learn fundamentals of Smartphone filmmaking with the picturesque backdrop of Japan.
Open to all majors. No prerequisites.
This program will provide students a digital filmmaking opportunity in a cross-cultural where students from WKU and Japan will share technical and aesthetic perspectives.
- Students in this unique program will be immersed in the rapidly changing world of digital technology as an art-making tool.
- They will especially take advantage of the opportunity to explore the Smartphone filmmaking fast becoming an option for video/filmmakers.
- Students will learn the entire process from onsite camera operation to editing and output as they shoot their short films in this medium.
- Active hands-on-learning experiences, intense engagement with the instructor and peers, and development of critical thinking skills directed toward the future of digital art will prepare the students for thriving multifaceted careers within the dynamic global society.
- Students work in three to four person crews to complete each film. When their colleagues direct, students rotate among the key crew positions.
*This is open to all majors – No prerequisites or production experience required.
- International travel requires all participants to have a valid passport. If you don't have a passport, get one immediately.
- This program will require student to spend some time independently exploring Tokyo, Japan. Students should be prepared to conduct themselves in a mature and respectful manner at all times.
- This program will also include a fair amount of walking in a metropolitan area. Proper shoes and attire are required.
- Independent travel (separate from the group) will be closely monitored and may require instructor's permission.
- The course includes a group flight that originates and returns to Nashville.