- Walking tour through the Roman Forum and Capitline Museum
- Borghese Gardens overlooking city of Rome
- Florence Cathedral (il Duomo)
- Michelangelo's David
- Vatican and the Sistine Chapel
- To expand each student's understanding of the art making process through the experience of looking, discussing, and studying through physical processing (sketching, etc.).
- To deepen possibilities for each individual studio practice by processing discoveries once back in the studio into a series of works.
- To expand ways of seeing and the capacity for making into methods for the furthering of thought.
- Rome and Florence, Italy