Chinese Flagship Winter Language program
Receive first-hand experience in learning and improving their knowledge of the Chinese
language and culture.
- Demonstrate language skills engaging in daily conservations in various topics at the beginning high level and above;
- Recognize and display proper non-verbal communication and etiquette in a Chinese context;
- Demonstrate the understanding of the roles of culture and tradition play in contemporary Chinese society.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, regardless of parental consent
- Ability to complete course requirements
- Good Academic Standing with Honors College and/or Chinese Flagship program
- 3.25 GPA
- Have taken CHNF 101 or equivalent
- Approval of Judicial Affairs (if currently under any sanction)
- Complete Study Abroad and Global Learning application process
- Current WKU student eligible to register for winter term course
- Eligible to obtain a visa for destination(s) and through all transit points (if needed) as determined by US State Department and host country.
- Possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after program end date.
- Completion of pre-departure program.
- WKU's Chinese Flagship Program: http://www.wku.edu/chineseflagship/
- Program cost includes visa to China
- Students will meet at Nashville Airport (BNA) for departure
- Program will involve walking so participants should wear proper shoes that are comfortable for walking and cover their feet.
- Includes 3-credit hour tuition ($1,062 estimated value), round-trip airfare from Nashville, accommodations, some meals, all group excursions.
- Not included in program fee: transportation from home to the departure airport /return from airport to your home, and personal spending money.
- Independent travel is not allowed on this program.
Key Dates (Tentative)
* subject to change