Change to Dates: May 18 - June 2, 2014
Updated Program Package: $4,100
A cultural adventure into the China of today for a global management practices experience to compare and contrast the domestic and Chinese operations of a select group of U.S. companies. Learn by doing as we become explorers searching to understand how 5000 years of Chinese culture shapes their 21st century business environment.
- Meet business professionals from major companies
- Tian'amen Square, Forbidden City
- Summer Palace, Chinese markets
- World Finance Trade Center, Yuyuan Garden in Shanghai
- Taipei, Tawain
- Gain a "Learning by doing," experience in a study abroad setting to compare & contrast US and Chinese business operations.
- Understand the core concepts of national interdependence in the global environment of businesses.
- Enhance the body of knowledge of the student's core discipline through consideration of international applications.
- Acquire an in depth understanding of an American firm engaged in international business through the experiential learning of studying at their Chinese facilities.
- Gain an appreciation of the strategic importance of Chinese change management coupled with the impact of sustainability initiatives.
- Grasp the importance of global awareness and the impact of globalization on managing the daily operations of international companies.
- Dr. George Rasmussen
- MGT 410 (3 credits): International Business
- Possible Graduate and Doctoral Credit Available.
- Summer 2014
- China: May 18 - June 2, 2014
- WKU class meetings: May 22-23, 27, & June 20, 2014
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,