FAQs About Refunds
Click on a question below for the answer. Click on the question again to close.
- How will I receive any refund or residual monies?
- The “ONLY” way to select your university refund and payroll preferences.
Western Kentucky University has partnered with Higher One, a financial services company that specializes in student refund services. All refunds and payroll funds are disbursed through the WKU Debit Card. For questions about the WKU Debit Card, please contact the Card/Collections Office at (270)745-5551 or email email@example.com.
Get Started Now! Visit WKUDebitCard.com to set up your card.
Refunds are delivered to students by the option that they choose when activating the WKU Debit Card:
1. Easy Refund to the One Account – Fastest Option
2. ACH Transfer (Direct Deposit) to your current bank account – Deposit funds to a bank of your choice. Selecting this method will allow funds to be available in 2-3 business days.
NOTE: The university will NOT issue residual/refund checks, so you MUST choose an option for receiving any refund due to you. The funds are sent from the university to Higher One who then disburses the refunds according to the choice a student has made during the selection process.
These funds are to be used to help pay for other educational-related expenses such as books & supplies, transportation and off-campus living expenses. You should be sure to budget these funds so that they will last the entire semester.
- When will my student refund be available?
- Refund check processing does not begin until one week prior to the first day of each semester. Generally, if you financial aid is complete, refunds are available by the Friday before the beginning of each semester. The choice you make on your WKU Higher One Debit card will depend on how quickly you receive your refund.
- Is there a way I can tell how much my student refund check is going to be?
- The amount of your refund check is available on WKUdebitcard.com.
Loon to https://wkudebitcard.higheroneaccount.com/ with your registered email address and password.
Click “Refund” and then click “Refund Status and History”. If a refund is going to be issued to you, you will see the status and amount on the screen.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,