Consortium Financial Assistance Request
Financial assistance may be available to student enrolling in courses at multiple colleges/universities (dual enrollment). The institution from which a student will receive his/her degree is considered the “home school” and will award financial aid. Classes taken at another institution, the “visiting school,” may be counted towards total financial aid hours.
Western Kentucky University students wishing to enroll in classes offered through another college/university may have those classes covered by financial aid if the student has met basic eligibility requirements. These include being enrolled in a degree seeking program, having a current FAFSA on file and having completed requests for any/all additional requirements (tax information, probation counseling, etc.). The student must also comply with the stipulations listed below:
- Student must be admitted in good academic standing as a degree-seeking student at Western Kentucky University.
- Western Kentucky University must be listed on the FAFSA (SAR)
- Unless prior arrangements have been made with the financial aid office, student must be enrolled for a minimum of three credit hours at WKU.*
- The student must enroll in classes required for his/her degree program.
- At the end of the semester/term, a COPY of final grades MUST be submitted to the office of Student Financial Assistance. Failure to submit a copy of final grades may delay receipt of future financial aid.
To begin the consortium process, the student must first fill out a Consortium Request on TopNet. This request is received by the Financial Aid Office and is used to generate a Consortium Agreement. If a student wishes to attend more than one visiting school, he/she will need to submit the Consortium Request separately for each visiting school. The Consortium Agreement, which you must take to your visiting school, will be sent as an attachment to your WKU topper email once your Consortium Request has been processed.
When you press CONTINUE, you will be redirected to TopNet where you will complete the Consortium Request. Log in using your Net ID and password, choose Financial Aid, and then Consortium Request.