Baptist Campus Ministry: This is an organization of Baptist students open to all in promoting Christian fellowship in college life. Formerly Baptist Student Union, the club provides activities for worship, discussion, social life, witness and ministry. BSU provides free lunch at meetings. This club meets once a week in the Science Auditorium. All faiths are invited to attend. Contact: Joe Galloway, 706-8568.
The Catholic Campus Ministry: This is an organization of Catholic students open to all in promoting Christian fellowship in college life. Formerly the Newman Club, The Catholic Campus Ministry meets Wednesdays from 1:00-1:45pm in the Science Auditorium. Everyone welcome! Contact: Linda Howard, 706-8544.
Criminal Justice Club: The CJ Club will offer activities supporting student development and leadership by providing guest lecturers, topical career information and fellowship opportunities for the community. The Club will be affiliated with Lamba Alpha Epsilon, a national criminal justice organization that shall provide nation-wide networking and scholarship opportunities for students. Contact: Dean Nason 706-8502, Richard Williams 706-8483, or Diane Owsley 706-8500.
Gay Straight Alliance (GSA): The Gay Straight Alliance provides information, education, and opportunity for growth and support to the homosexual, bisexual, transgender and heterosexual student body as well as faculty, staff, and the community at large who may wish to participate. Through solidarity actions and social events we offer a safe place where people can come together for a fulfilling college experience. Contact: Pem Buck, 706-8510 or Ellen Mink, 706-8542.
Phoenix Club: The purpose of this club is to provide a focal point of information and education concerning domestic violence and its effects. The members, along with the college, will collaborate with other organizations to provide information and promote awareness. Contact: Susan Berry, 706-8436 or Mary Jo King, 706-8530.
Ping Pong Intramural Club: This club is for anyone interested in playing or learning to play ping pong. Contact: DeSheng Zhu, 706-8547.
Poetry Readings: The Morrison Gallery Writers’ Roundtable Poetry Series is held the third Thursday of each month in the Morrison Gallery in the Administration building. Open to all who want to read their own or someone else’s poetry or just listen. Contact: Mick Kennedy, 706-8407.
Psychology Club: This is an undergraduate student organization. The requirement for membership is an interest in psychology. The club sponsors programs & activities during the school year on various topics promoting the field and encouraging career planning for Psychology majors. Contact: James Prather, 706-8880 or Tracy Bratcher, 706-8506.
- SkillsUSA: SkillsUSA is a national organization of postsecondary and secondary students enrolled
in technical education programs. The Night chapter meets twice a month, and the day
chapter varies their times. Contact: Steve Clemons, 706-8673
- Membership in the local chapter:
- Provides students with opportunities to make valuable industry contacts
- Involves members in community service projects
- Develops leadership skills
- Helps students stay knowledgeable of industry trends
- Provides the opportunity to participate in Local, State, and National Skills Contests
- Teaches professional development
- Membership in the local chapter:
- Intramural Activities: Intramural activities are encouraged for both full-time and part-time students. Sufficient interest by students and faculty in the past years has led to participation in such events as beach volleyball, 3-on-3 basketball, chess, checkers, video gaming and flag football events. For more information on intramural activities contact the Student Affairs office in room 129 CRPEC.