Kentucky Study Abroad Symposium
Photo Essay: Students may use 5 – 10 photos that are their own to tell a story from a study abroad course they engaged in. Students will provide brief text explanations underneath photos.
Art: Students may produce a work of art (painting, sketch, sculpture, graphic art design, etc) for the symposium to reflect on their study abroad experience.
Poster: Students may produce a poster highlighting an element of their study abroad course that was especially meaningful. Posters should not be text heavy and should be visually engaging.
Creative Interpretation: Students can create a video, film, dance, etc. highlighting an element of their study abroad course that was especially meaningful. Students will have 10 minutes to show their creative interpretation and 10 minutes to discuss it with the audience.
Oral Presentations: Presenters are allowed fifteen (15) minutes, followed by five (5) minutes for questions/answers and discussion.
Oral Presentations for the symposium should address the following points:
- Name, Grade Level, Major, College
- Term, Location, and Duration of Study
- Identify how the course applied to their major, even if the Study Abroad Course was taken as a general elective
- Identify how being in the physical location helped them to learn more about the class in which they were taking
- Identify how being in the physical location helped them to learn more about their major
- Identify how being surrounded by the culture helped them to understand more about their major
- Identify how a course taken on campus at WKU prepared them for their study abroad course or information obtained was applied while studying abroad
- Identify if/how taking a study abroad course has affected any subsequent course selection on campus or change in career plans
2016 Study Abroad Symposium
October 21, 2016
Downing Student Union (DSU) RM 3020
Bowling Green, KY
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,