Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Creating Accessible MS Office Documents
Microsoft Office is the most widely used suite for everything from word processing, organization, and presentations. If you are posting Microsoft Office files on your website for public download, ensure that they are accessible so everyone can use them.
Making Word Documents Accessible - WebAIM
Microsoft Word is currently the most common word processor on the market. Because it is so common, the .doc format has become the de facto format for text documents. However, there are several things that can be done to make content created in Word more accessible.
In this module, you will look at historically problematic accessibility issues in Excel, as well as the steps needed to make your Excel documents more accessible to everyone.
This online tutorial identifies the accessibility issues associated with the various methods used to put PowerPoint presentations online and demonstrates techniques for making commonly used elements in PowerPoint presentations accessible for all users.
- Windows Accessibility
- Microsoft's gateway to their product accessibility. This site links to articles, tutorials, tips, and techniques for making their lineup of software accessible. It covers basic Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, speech readers, and many more.
- Office 2003 Accessibility
- Articles, tips, and audio-visual presentations from Microsoft on how to make files more accessible with their Office 2003 software.
- Office 2007 Accessibility
- Articles, tips, and audio-visual presentations from Microsoft on how to make files more accessible with their Office 2007 software.
- Microsoft Word Accessibility
- This video from Microsoft shows you what accessibility means and how people with disabilities experience your documents. Learn about the different accessibility needs of various people and what you should do to make your documents available to them.