CWD: Supervisor Certificate Program
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. I have an employee who attended Fair Supervisory Practices in 2012. Will he be
required to take this class again to receive the certificate?
- A. Classes completed through the Training Consortium of South Central Kentucky within
the last 24 months may be credited toward program requirements.
- Q. I may have some employees who want to attend some of the classes but not be enrolled
in the certificate program. Is that possible?
- A. Currently, the certificate program is limited to employees who commit for all of
the classes. However, our quarterly schedule will still be available for individual
- Q. If I have an emergency, will I be able to take the class later?
- A. The Board of Directors will review any exceptions and make decisions on an individual
- Q. What are the certificate requirements?
- A. The program requirements are completion of 9 core courses and 6 electives. This
schedule is planned to accommodate a cohort group.
- Q. If I want to enroll 7 employees, are there limits to the number I can send?
- A. Companies are limited to enrolling a maximum of 5 employees during initial enrollment.
If space is available after initial enrollments are completed, companies may enroll
on a "first come, first serve basis."
- Q. How long will it take to complete the certificate program?
- A. The Supervisor Certificate Program is designed to complete in 9 months with one core class and one elective delivered on connecting sessions.
- Q. What is the class size?
- A. Class sizes are limited to a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 22.
- Q. What is the schedule for the classes?
- A. The Supervisor Certificate Program is designed to complete in 9 months with one
core class and one elective delivered on connecting sessions. The schedule dates are posted here.
- Q. If I enroll one of my employees, what are the payment requirements?
- A. Once you enroll an employee, the consortium will invoice the company for the total
cost of the program up front.