Faith Community Nursing Links
- Carol Bradford, MSN, RN, FCN
The course is completely online. We hope to enhance the learning experience of each participant by using discussion, personal sharing, case studies, lecture, audiovisuals, or group work.
• February 10 - April 7, 2014
• Course is online
• Fee: $350
• Registration deadline: February 1, 2014
Faith community nursing is the specialized practice of professional nursing that focuses on the intentional care of the spirit as part of the process of promoting holistic health and preventing or minimizing illness in a faith community.
36 Contact hours (3.6 CEUs) awarded for full participation in the course.
You must already be a registered nurse with active licensure in good standing.
Basic Course Objectives:
- The participant will embrace the integration of faith and health as central to the faith community nurse role.
- The participant will demonstrate knowledge, attitude, and skills to practice as a beginning faith community nurse.
- The participant will value an inter-collegial peer system of support and identify a network for continued support.
- The participant will commit to continued spiritual formation to more effectively understand & carry out the faith community nurse role.
Who is Providing This Course?
This program is offered through a collaboration of WKU Department of Nursing, WKU Career & Workforce Development, and the Parish Nurse Ministries of Lourdes Hospital, Paducah. Curriculum based on 2009 IPNRC Foundations of Faith Community Nursing.
The South Central Area Health Education Center is approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) as a provider of continuing education under the Provider number 5-0026, expiration date 12-31-17. 36.0 contact hours will be awarded after attending the entire offering and completing evaluations. KBN # 5-0026-12-17-891