New Training Offerings!
- Budgeting Basics
- Challenging Negative Attitudes
- Cultural Competency
- Drug Issues in the Workplace
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Finance for the Non-financial Professionals
- How to get noticed...for the right reason
- Identification Theft: More Than Just an Inconvenience
- Improving Customer Service
- Industrial Safety and Accident Prevention
- Media Relations
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- Succession Planning
- Supervising Former Peers
- Understanding Japanese Culture
- Unleash Your Creativity
Finance for Non-financial Professionals
One 4-Hour Session
This workshop will give non-accountant personnel practical experiences on the sources and applications of accounting information essential to managerial development. Learning how and why businesses keep track of their finances can help employees, to a degree, understand modern businesses and why they operate the way they do.
The participant will learn to: (1) understand the underlying reasons for needing accounting systems (2) understand the key concepts and conventions used in accounting processes (3) identify profit and loss (4) identify the main types of financial statements, and (5) understand the main components of the balance sheet and income statements.
- Understanding financial statements
- The accounting information system
- The concept of cash flow strategies
- Managerial accounting
- Decision making
- Performance evaluation
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for all employees who are not accountants but want a working knowledge of accounting.