New Training Offerings!
- Budgeting Basics
- Challenging Negative Attitudes
- Cultural Competency
- Drug Issues in the Workplace
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Finance for the Non-financial Professionals
- How to get noticed...for the right reason
- Identification Theft: More Than Just an Inconvenience
- Improving Customer Service
- Industrial Safety and Accident Prevention
- Media Relations
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- Succession Planning
- Supervising Former Peers
- Understanding Japanese Culture
- Unleash Your Creativity
Effective Negotiation Skills
One 4-hour session
Everyone negotiates. It is a critical skill. Managers negotiate with their supervisors. Parents negotiate with children. Co-workers negotiate with each other. This course will assist participants in learning how to negotiate.
The participant will learn to: (1) develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation, (2) recognize interests and issues and avoid unnecessary positions, (3) become more persuasive, (4) use techniques that draw information from the other party, (5) minimize conflicts and deadlocks, and (6) ask and answer questions to control the negotiations.
- When do you negotiate
- Identify and create negotiable moments
- Understand yourself
- Develop your alternatives
- Effective Negotiator Characteristics
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for managers, supervisors, and team leaders.