Courses for Communication in the Workplace:
Communication Skills for Emerging Leaders
One 4-Hour Session
It is not unusual to hear people say, "We have a communication problem here." This chapter provides techniques to analyze and improve your own communication. We communicate in many ways including: with our words, voice inflection, tone, eyes and body language. These are levels of communication called subtext. If I speak and you do not understand, is it communication?
- Identify strengths and shortcomings of your communication skills.
- Determine various levels of meaning and identify the subtleties of communication.
- Assess the impact of various communication filters.
- Monitor interpersonal interactions based on personality preferences.
- Successfully build rapport with a wide variety of individuals.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, customers, teams, and managers.
- Prepare effective and appropriate business documents.
- Establish protocol for electronic communication.
- Prevent unnecessary conflict and rectify conflict that does occur.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for emerging managers, team leaders, and supervisors whose work effectiveness depends on clear communication with other people.