Do you have what It takes to be a Professional Counselor?
- Do you genuinely care about the mental and emotional welfare of others?
- Would you like to work in a profession in which you help people lead more productive lives?
- Do you think healthy relationships are one of the keys to satisfaction both at work and at home?
If you answered YES to any of these questions,
you need to seriously consider pursuing a career as a Professional Counselor!
- Professional Counselors work with adults and children from all walks of life.
- Their work focuses on providing clients assistance in dealing with common problems of living, career development, relationship issues, addiction, and mental health concerns.
- They work in a variety of settings that include schools, private companies, governmental agencies, private practice, mental health facilities, outpatient clinics, and inpatient recovery centers.
- Professional Counselors share a belief that empowering clients to overcome problems in living can be accomplished using a holistic wellness-based approach that focuses on optimizing clients’ self-understanding and strengths.
- They develop strong interpersonal communication skills and genuinely find helping others intrinsically rewarding.
So… do YOU have what It takes to be a Professional Counselor?
Come to one of our information meetings to hear more about professional counseling
and what it takes to enter one of the most exciting and rewarding careers available
today! The faculty in the Department of Counseling and Student Affairs (http://www.wku.edu/csa/ ) are looking forward to telling you about our accredited master’s degree programs
in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling, and
School Counseling. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to learn more about a
career that could change your life!
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,