Press Enter to Search
STEP 3. SELECTED APPLICANTS PARTICIPATE IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.
Based on ratings and rankings of the materials in the application portfolio submitted in Step 2, highly ranked applicants will receive notification of their eligibility for an interview. Applicants will receive this notification approximately 10 days to 2 weeks after the application deadline. Interview eligible applicants will be scheduled for interviews on campus with faculty and current students. Interviews will focus on the following:
- Discussion of interests in counseling or student affairs professions and the selection of the Western Kentucky University Department of Counseling and Student Affairs.
- Discussion of academic and professional goals.
- Expectations of faculty (your expectations of them and theirs for you.).
- Demonstration of interpersonal skills and insight into personal motivations.
- Assessment of attitudes in the areas of diversity, interpersonal conflict, management of emotions, interpersonal risk taking, and self-care. Participation in the interview process does not guarantee admission but is a prerequisite for admission. Based on the interview assessment, faculty will make offers for admission or deny admission.
After Step 2, applicants with lower rankings will receive letters indicating that they are not eligible for admission during the current admission cycle. Applicants with higher rankings who do not qualify for interviews will be placed on a waiting list and could still be called in for an interview depending on the number of students admitted during the initial round of interviews.
The program coordinators who will oversee the application process for the department are:
|Clinical Mental Health Counseling||Dr. Cheryl Wolf|
|Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling||Dr. Fred Stickle|
|School Counseling||Dr. Lacretia Dye|
|Student Affairs||Dr. Aaron Hughey|
General Information about Admission to the Counseling and Student Affairs Master's Degree Programs
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,