Students who wish to apply for admission to the program should have the following background:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, or another subject closely related to CS with a GPA of at least 2.9 out of 4.0 and a minimum GAP score of 2500.
- Undergraduate courses which include:
- A good knowledge of programming in a high level language like Java or C/C++,
- A course in data structures comparable to CS 338,
- A course in software engineering comparable to CS 360,
- A course in operating systems comparable to CS 425,
- Supporting mathematics courses which include discrete mathematics.
- The application forms may be found at graduate school website. First-time Applicants can apply on-line.
- Candidates should have three letters of recommendation sent directly to the Graduate Studies.
- They also should take the the GRE general test and have the score submitted to Graduate Studies.
- Students whose first language is not English should have their TOEFL scores submitted to Graduate Studies.
|International students will require a US visa. Information about the requirements may be found under "international students" at Office of International Programs. The university has an international center to assist international students in their studies.|
International students will require a US visa. Information about the requirements may be found under "international students" at Office of International Programs. The university has an international center to assist international students in their studies.
Application decisions are made by considering all the above information. In recent years, about 60% of applicants have been accepted to the programs.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Director of Graduate Program, Dr. Guangming Xing.