STAFF COMPENSATION AND CLASSIFICATION
What We Do
Western Kentucky University offers a comprehensive total rewards package, which includes an award-winning benefit program to attract, engage, and retain highly talented professionals. The compensation team incorporates the technical framework and analytic capability to provide informed, data-driven compensation decision-making, considering all facets. The Staff Compensation and Classification System provides a total compensation package that is internally equitable, externally competitive, and reflective of individual experience, education and performance.
Our Compensation and Classification Expertise
- Manage and analyze the classification and compensation recommendations for all staff positions in consideration of factors (knowledge, skills, and abilities), level of responsibility with respect to the performance of the overall unit, and consistency within the University.
- Identify appropriate minimum qualifications (including education requirements) to support Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines
- Partner with the unit Supervisor to support and evaluate written job descriptions when establishing new positions or for reclassification of existing positions.
- Collect and evaluate salary survey analysis data from higher education and industry sources.
- Interpret state and federal laws, while aligning University policies and procedures that pertain to compensation issues and position exemption status.
- Promote pay equity and consistency across Western Kentucky University.
Forms and Resources
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,