1. Find an internship in which you are interested (WKU's Career Services Center and the Internship Director can assist you).
2. Interview and secure an internship. You should also fill out the Application and obtain an unofficial copy (from TopNet) of your transcript.
3. Obtain the Learning Contract from your employer, confirming your position and responsibilities.
4. Schedule appointments with Dr. Carl Kell, Department of Communication, to be enrolled in COMM 489
5. Finally, be cleared by the Internship Director and the Communication office.
6. The work-time requirement for the course is 240 to 250 hours.
7. Complete reports outlined on syllabus.
NOTE: To view and print a copy of the course syllabus, click here.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,