- About CI at WKU
- About Hanban
- Study Abroad
- CI in the News
- CI Publications
- CI Announcements
- Confucius Institute Summer Programming
- 2013 Joint Meeting of U.S. Confucius Institute (Classrooms)
- The Chinese Cultural Experience (CI Mobile Unit))
- CI at WKU Compilation Video
- "2014 Understanding China Documentary"
Confucius Institute China Summer Programs
Summer 2011 Programming - Confucius Institute China Experience 2011
- The Confucius Institute hosted 2 summer campus. The first was the Inaugural 2011 Adult Summer Camp, in which the CI led 44 faculty, staff, students, and community member to China for three-weeks, visiting Beijing, Baoding, and Tianjin.
- The CI hosted its Inaugural 2011 Chinese Bridge Trip, in which 10 high school students participated in a two-week trip to Beijing, and Tianjin.
Spring/Summer 2012 Programming - Confucius Institute China Experience 2012
- The Confucius Institute took flight again, for it 2nd Annual Adult Summer Camp, in which 28 faculty, staff, students and community member went on a two-week excursion to Beijing and Tianjin China. A
- The CI hosted the 2nd Annual Chinese Bridge Trip, in which the CI partnered with both the Housing Authority of Bowling Green and the Crane House, and sent 8 student to Beijing, Luoyang, and DengFeng China for two-week.
Summer 2013 Programming - Confucius Institute China Experience 2013
- The Confucius Institute is slated to take the Symphony at WKU to Beijing, Baoding,
and Xi'an for a two-week trip. The symphony orchestra will consist of 54 students/faculty,
and they will perform at 4 different sites within China. They will perform on the
campus of North China Electric Power University in Beijing China, and at Beijing Language
and Culture University. Then the troupe will head to Baoding, China, and will perform
at Hebei University and North China Electric Power University (Baoding).
- In conjunction with this trip, there will be an additional 22 individuals that are WKU Alumni/Donors that will be traveling with the group.
- The CI will again host the 3rd Annual Chinese Bridge Trip, and hopes to rekindle the partnerships from the Gatton Academy at WKU, Housing Authority of Bowling Green, and the Crane House in Louisville. It seeks to also recruit a number of students from the local school systems, and hopes to have a group in excess of 20 - 30 students.
Summer 2014 Programming : Please click the links below concerning all of the itineraries, requirements, and necessary documents.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,