The Confucius Institute at WKU:
- Engages in outreach to local educational institutions, businesses, government and community members.
- Offers cultural programming, language education and K-12 summer programs.
- Provides teacher training, professional development opportunities, and language proficiency exams for students, teachers and the community.
- Encourages WKU students to travel and study in China by offering study abroad scholarships.
- Works to strengthen library holdings of scholarly work on China.
- Enhances understanding and appreciation for the Chinese language and culture by sponsoring exhibits, performances (music, opera, theater), and an artist-in-residence program.