- About CI at WKU
- About Hanban
- CI Mobile Unit - Reservation
- CLC - WKU Helm Library
- Community Outreach
- Confucius Classrooms
- Study Abroad
- CI in the News
- CI Assessment Reports
- CI Announcements
- Confucius Institute Summer Programming
- 2013 Joint Meeting of US Confucius Institute (Classrooms)
- CI at WKU Compilation Video
- "2014 Understanding China Documentary"
The Confucius Institute at Western Kentucky University is committed to disseminating Chinese language and culture not only to the children in our communities, but also to our communities in general. This includes Adult Education language classes, invitations to traditional Chinese festivals such as Chinese New Year and the Moon Festival, plus appearances at local events.
If you would like to host a Chinese event but don’t know how or where to start, please contact the following individuals:
- If you would like more information about hosting a Chinese teacher in your school, please contact Sheng-Huei "Betty" Yu, Assistant Director for Educational Outreach, at 270-745-2836 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like more information about creating a Confucius Classroom or have the CI Mobile Unit at your school or district, please contact Terrill Martin, Managing Director at 270-745-2530 (Work) or 270-792-9330 (Cell) or at email@example.com
2015 Schedule of Events
To view 2011 Events - Click Here
To view 2012 Events - Click Here
To view 2013 Events - Click Here
To view 2014 Events - Click Here
February 12 - March 28, 2015 - Community Education Winter Enrichment Classess
The Confucius Institute at WKU partnered Community Education Winter 2015 Enrichment Classes to bring the Chinese culture and language to the Bowling Green/Warren County community. Please see the schedule of classes:
- February 12 - Chinese Knots (Class A)
- February 23 - Chinese Lantern Painting (Class A)
- February 26 - Chinese Calligraphy (Class A)
- March 7 - Chinese Knots (Class B)
- March 17 - Intro to Chinese
- March 21 - Chinese Lantern Painting (Class B)
- March 28 - Chinese Calligraphy (Class B)
For those interested in attending one of the classes above, please click the following link: Community Enrichment Form.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,