March is National Social Work Month!
|Author: Dr. Nubian Sun|
Date: Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
March is National Social Work Month! There are more than 650,000 social workers in the United States including Bowling Green, KY. Social workers help people overcome life’s challenges so they can live more fulfilling lives. That is why this year’s Social Work Month theme, “Forging Solutions Out of Challenges,” is so relevant!
It is likely a social worker has empowered you or someone you know. Social Workers work in all areas of our society to improve happiness, health and prosperity including in government, schools, universities, social service agencies, communities, the military, and mental health and health care facilities.
Throughout Social Work Month and our 61st year, WKU College of Health and Human Services' Department of Social Work will host events and provide resources that honor the many contributions of these unsung heroes.
• “Dancing on The Front Lines,” raising awareness about Social Work Month & Social Work Month Proclamation by Mayor Wilkerson
• “Segments on WBKO” featuring WKU Social Work Student Groups discussing the Social Work Profession and Social Work Month events
• Sponsored by the South Central Branch of NASW, Chat & Chew: Social Work “APPetizers,” designed to help Social workers become more efficient personally and professionally. This training will offer (1) continuing education credit.
• The Suicide Assessment & Clinical Management of Suicidal Patients Training offering six (6) continuing education credits.
• LGBTQ Panel consisting of diverse members of the Bowling Green LGBTQ community.
• Stone by Stone: “The Construction of Rural Social Work,” an art exhibit orchestrated by WKUMSW student, a descendent of one of the founders of Rural Social Work.
• “Social Work Best Reads” featured on WKU Library’s home page and LibGuides page.
For more information, contact Dr. Nubian Sun | email@example.com | 270-745-8923
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,