Western Kentucky University

College of Education and Behavioral Sciences

Connect with CEBS
Facebook     Twitter     Pinterest
Programs and
Opportunities at CEBS

apply now     apply now

Policy on Residency Requirement for Non-degree Certification-only Graduate Programs

In order to be recommended for certification and/or rank change after completing a non-degree certification-only program, students must complete at least one-half of the minimum program hours in residence at Western Kentucky University. Exceptions may be permitted in the case of programs for which contractual arrangements have been made with other institutions for the delivery of course work. With the approval of the advisor and the certification officer, the remaining hours may be taken at other institutions, provided that the grades earned are “B” or higher and other transfer regulations are met. This requirement applies to all Planned Fifth-Year/Rank II programs, all Planned Sixth-Year Rank I programs, and all endorsement/certification-only programs.

Approved by the Professional Education Council, 7/14/10

 Last Modified 9/9/13