Policy on Extending the Scope of Professional Competency to Some Certification Area Not Covered by the Initial Certificate
To be recommended for an additional area of certification, an applicant must:
- Hold a Professional, Provisional (NOT Temporary Provisional), or Standard Certificate from Kentucky;
- Have completed an undergraduate major (or equivalent) in the desired certification area;
- Document a passing score on the PRAXIS II exam(s) required for the desired teaching area;
- Provide evidence of at least one year of successful teaching experience in the discipline of the desired certification area, OR evidence of satisfactory completion of a methods course (including a field experience component) in the desired certification area; and
- Provide documentation of at least two years successful teaching experience and a valid teaching certificate from another state, OR documentation of a passing score on the Principles of Learning and Teaching exam.
Approved by Professional Education Council, 2/14/07.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,