Opportunities at CEBS
Policy on Extending the Scope of Professional Competency to Some Certification Area Not Covered by the Initial Certificate
To be recommended for an additional area of certification, an applicant must:
- Hold a Professional, Provisional (NOT Temporary Provisional), or Standard Certificate from Kentucky;
- Have completed an undergraduate major (or equivalent) in the desired certification area;
- Document a passing score on the PRAXIS II exam(s) required for the desired teaching area;
- Provide evidence of at least one year of successful teaching experience in the discipline of the desired certification area, OR evidence of satisfactory completion of a methods course (including a field experience component) in the desired certification area; and
- Provide documentation of at least two years successful teaching experience and a valid teaching certificate from another state, OR documentation of a passing score on the Principles of Learning and Teaching exam.
Approved by Professional Education Council, 2/14/07.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,